Thursday, February 18, 2010

photoshop-->inkscape-->scal-->cricut i am haxor supreme

ok so its not all that dramatic but I wanted to post what can be done with the cricut if you know how to hack it.  I spent mucho time researching figuring out the best way and got it down to a science now:
I use 3 softwares to make this happen, and by this i mean, making the cricut cut whatever you want it to.
Example: I made a baby medusa for my new line:
Here's how i did it:
I designed the medusa in photoshop. I imported it into Inkscape. made some adjustments and saved as an SVG file. I imported that file into Sure Cuts A Lot aka SCAL, and sent it to the cricut.
I got the shirt from the 99cent store, yeah I know its really cute and i bought all they had!
I got a variety of cotton broadcloth quilting fabric quarters from joanns, ironed the heat n bond paper on to a green one, and taped it onto my cutting mat with painters tape, paper side up. Then cut out baby M.  I went back with some pink and cut out some ribbons using my storybook cartridge(best cartridge ever). Then ironed them on! I think i may add more ribbons, but i'm pretty damn happy with how this turned out :)

Here is another one I did at the same time, but this time i just used my doodle charms cartridge to get these dragon flies, and I plan on adding a few more in orange and yellow:
voila, crafty haxor supreme am i.

No comments:

Post a Comment