Monday, February 8, 2010

goodwill and my muses.

I've decided what direction i will be taking stinky beans.  I am going to do what I do best, recycle and re-cutify stuff that is already made, along with my custom new tees.  I went to goodwill today to find some inspiration and got 3 great projects to start.  A skull hoodie, a pink dress, and a black and white plaid skirt with tulle.  all need love and I have lots of love to give!
I've been experimenting with hacking my cricut, so far so good, its much easier than i thought it would be!  THankfully I know how to use photoshop and can translate my visions, then to inkscape, then to Scal.  just call me a cricut pirate matey!

here are the befores:

afters coming soon!  these will be part of my inital launch :)
My initial ideas for these pieces are as follows:
  • pink dress: replace the ribbon waist band, sleeve/straps, and hem with various pink ribbons.  possibly add applique middles to the already sewn flowers.
  • Skull hoodie(these ideas are from my muse and besty Nic) add aqua blue elbow patches, and a skull on the ears.  I want to also add a muertos skull on the whole back or front. all accented with large yarn stitching.
  • plaid skirt: add applique black docs with pink yarn bows to each pleat, shorten hem in front to showcase tulle.


No comments:

Post a Comment