Thursday, January 21, 2010

Adventure is out there, no wait UPS brought it!


Hi, I'm starting this blog to document my new adventure in kids clothing. I've been inspired by the cricut to make my own kids t line using some really cool techniques i've found online.

I chose the name Stinky Beans after my daughter Mia's nickname, I've been calling her that since birth! She will also be my main model.
(Mia here in a photo by Valerie Tabor Smith)

So I just got my cricut from HSN, a huge bundle with 4 cartridges and I cant wait to start playing with it. Gonna use the fabric applique method.
Using the cartridges, the apps Photoshop, Inkscape, Sure Cuts a Lot and Design Studio, I can basically turn any of my designs into a fabric applique to apply to whatever i want.

My only real goal at first is to sell enough to pay for the cricut, i have a feeling that wont be hard since i got such a good deal on it, and raw materials are relatively cheap for a bargain
hunting ninja like me.

I plan to offer all kids sizes from babies to 6X, including kids plus sizes.

So I will be creating samples this weekend and posting them here! Once I find the designs I love, I will offer them on etsy and ebay and see what the response is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment